Best Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis – Plantar fasciitis is tough organic fibers in your foot arch that runs from the heel to the forefoot, where it branches out like a river delta. The best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis come designed to support this ligament, which is crucial for foot support in several ways. The bony joints in your feet arches should not be over-relaxed else they get flat and lead to plantar fasciitis issues if they stay that way.
By keeping your foot muscles properly aligned and exercised, the right pair of walking shoes also support your arch and keep you walking without hindrance. We will share more technical details later. For now, let’s check out four top shoes that help alleviate plantar fasciitis.
Best Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Men
Rating & Reviews
[usr 4.5 size=20]
[usr 4.3 size=20]
[usr 4.1 size=20]
[usr 4.5 size=20]
[usr 3.9 size=20]
Our top 4 in the category of best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis each bring outstanding foot and arch support while still tagging several walking-shoe requirements.
1. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 2
With the simplicity going into these shoes, there is little wonder why they have become a favorite among men with plantar fasciitis.
- Material: Fabric with rubberized sole
- OrthoLite lining, designed to control odor-accumulation
- A heel loop to make slipping into these shoes a cinch
- Mesh side panels for breathability and stability
- Sold in 4 different color codes
Pros: Breathable, stylish, easy to wear, good fit, outstanding arch support
Cons: Noisy on smooth surfaces. Some men will find the fit too small
2. Altra Men’s Instinct Everyday Fashion Sneaker
From a stylish exterior that can be worn most anywhere, to a brilliant blend of features… These shoes are grabbing all the right attention.
- Material: Synthetic with rubberized sole
- Outsole made of FootPod; good traction
- Toe box is ideally wide; good for men with wide feet
- A ZeroDrop platform ensures amazing arch support
- Sold in 2 different color codes
Pros: Breathable, outstanding wide-foot fit, good arch support, ideal traction on most terrain
Cons: [One rare customer complaint] Weak stitching; tongue pulled out, shoe tore after minimal wear
3. Vionic Men’s Endurance Walking Sneaker
One of the sexiest shoes on the foot-friendly market, this pair comes designed with therapeutic features that will most certainly benefit those with plantar fasciitis issues.
- Material: Leather with rubberized sole
- Mesh and synthetic panels with leather uppers; breathability, aesthetics, durability
- An EVA midsole adds to the arch support value
- A biomechanical orthotic insole comes recommended by podiatrists (this feature alone pushes these shoes up the charts)
- Smart support technology in the form of Vionic’s Orthaheel
- Currently sold in 6 different color codes
Pros: Traction, cushioning, midsole support, orthotics-friendly, great fit, durable, stylish
Cons: Sole started to peel for some customers. Not good for wide feet
4. Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
- Made of imported leader and comes with a synthetic sole for the soft feel and ultimate comfort.
- Rear and forefoot Hydroflow and MOGO midole gives good cushioning and shock absorption.
- Quality midsole for comfort if you are suffering from plantar fascitiis.
The ultimate walking shoes for men! Coming in a manly design and in neutral shades that would match any outfit, these shoes were made for walking, may you be going around the mall with loved ones, or working overtime at a physically demanding job. The name speaks for itself, you will grow addicted to walking because of the ultimate comfort you feel with this pair of shoes. Whether you’re looking to lose weight through walking or want a pair of shoes that can last for long hours of walking, then this is the right pair for you. Plus, they’re great for people with plantar fascitiis as well.
5. Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Men’s Walker
One of the more ‘masculine’ shoes in this range, the power of feature and functionality are redefined in this pair from Vionic.
- Material: Mesh with rubberized sole; mesh uppers and full-grain leather, made with premium water-resistant material
- Perforation overlay ensures breathability
- Loop and eyelet combination lace enclosure; reliable cinch, easy tie-and-go
- Polyurethane foam-padded lining and polyester mesh add to comfort and ventilation
- Collar and tongue are padded; long-term walking comfort
- Sold in 5 different color codes
Pros: Stylish, high comfort, great arch support, good fit for most men’s feet, well-ventilated, flexible, waterproof
Cons: They have a tendency to run small
Why You Should Buy Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
The best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis for men have to deliver supreme comfort and hold. They cannot let the foot wiggle and wander; that will only lead to pains and worse. Men with plantar fasciitis issues require therapeutic care when it comes to footwear.
- Your Achilles tendon (at the back of the foot) and the windlass mechanism (a scientific means of understanding pressure along the foot’s arch when it is off the ground) both need to be catered to.
- Your shoes must come designed with good support systems and hold. This is clear indication that they are the ideal pair for men with plantar fasciitis.
- From the moment your big toe bends as you step forward – when the forefoot closes the distance between your mid- and hind-foot – your plantar fasciitis tissue is stimulated.
- This tissue straightens out when your big toe flattens and your foot follows. If this move is done consistently with negative pressure going along all the wrong angles, you will see marked medical problems.
When it comes to buying the best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis be sure to seek fit and practicality.
Where To Shop For Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
Each foot is different. Some men have a foot that slightly engorges in size compared to the other one. This is not unnatural nor is it unusual. However, shop for shoes keeping this in mind. Those with plantar fasciitis need to know if the width of your feet is going to be held too tight; this is a problem, get shoes with good room.
Here are some online sites where you can get shoes that cater to men with plantar fasciitis (choose region/location):
- Healthy Feet Store
- The Walking Company
- Vionic Shoes
Your feet naturally expand over the course of the day. At these times, you can always shift from your current pair to well-fitted comfortable plantar fasciitis shoes. Shock absorption is a crucial factor for such shoes as also their ability to keep your feet aligned with the lower leg. Too much bending (overpronation / underpronation) is a bad thing.
The best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis must fit, especially those with wide feet. They should serve for long hours and not grow tight or warmth-retentive; breathable materials are often used for such shoes anyway. If you are using specialized orthopedics, you need to see if they fit into this shoe. Removable insoles help in this regard; slip out the old sole, slip in the new.
Incoming search terms:
- Plantar fasciitis shoes for men
- Best walking shoes for plantar fasciitis 2016
- Best shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Good shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Mens shoes for plantar fasciitis
- Walking Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis reviews
The author of all writings you go through on my website. The mission of my website is helping you find out the best shoes for your feet. Relax and earn yourself valuable knowledge about shoes.