In this article, we show you how to kill fungus in shoes, making them usable for the next years to come.
Your shoes will be one of the most important things you will need to take care of, especially when they are your favorite pair and you use it everyday! With that being said, you’ll know that there are a lot of ways to care for your shoes. From special shoe products down to washing it every few uses, you’ll need to know how to take care of them properly to avoid it from breaking or tearing apart. It’s not only something that will have your shoes look good, but they will feel good and last for a long time!
Summary Contents by Video:
Fungus is not a friend of shoes. It’s similar to mildew, lurking in the nooks and crannies of your shoe. Not only does it sound disgusting, but it feels disgusting as well, especially if you are one who uses their shoes without socks! You will be exposed to the fungus, and your feet may fall victim to it as well. It’s infuriating having to deal with fungus, and you may think that it’s the end of your shoes’ life. But don’t worry, as there are ways on how to remedy that!
Why Know How to Kill Fungus In Shoes?
It’s obvious as to why people want to learn how to kill fungus off their shoes! For starters, it’s one that will have your shoes looking great. Fungus may kill or destroy the material of your feet, having you suffer from uncomfortable shoes you might have to throw away. It’s best to learn how to prevent fungus from coming into your shoes, as well as how to remove them when it does arrive.
It isn’t only a way for your feet to look great, but it is also a way for them to last longer. With a good pair of shoes that is well taken care of and without fungus, you are assured that you can use them anytime and anywhere for the years to come.
When it comes to wanting to kill fungus in shoes, there are a couple of things you will need. But don’t worry, as they won’t cost much and may be found right in the comforts of your own home or local store nearby! Here is what you will need to know how to kill fungus in shoes:
- Washing machine or soap, water, and a basin
- Soft brush
- Rubbing alcohol, bleach, or antibacterial sprays
- Vinegar , hydrogen peroxide, gillette sports or baking soda
- Dryer sheets
How to Kill Fungus in Shoes?
There are a few methods you are able to follow when you want to know how to kill fungus in shoes:
- If you are planning to machine wash your shoes, it’s best to hand wash the insoles before you do so, in order for you to clean all nooks and crannies of your shoes. Use a sponge or rag to wash it off with soap and water. Rinse it well to avoid soap residue.
- You can use a washing machine, or you can hand wash it, depending on the material. Make sure you wipe and dry it properly.
- You can also destroy fungus by using chemicals such as rubbing alcohol, bleach, or other antibacterial spray. Simply spray the formula around your shoes or soak them with it. This also eliminates the smell!
- Fungus can smell bad, so you will be able to remove the smell and kill fungus through using a formula made of vinegar, or to sprinkle baking soda around your shoes to remove the odors. You can also use dryer sheets to have them smell great. Simply leave them in your shoes while you aren’t using them.
Kills mushrooms with baking soda and water:
Kills mushrooms with hydrogen peroxide:
Kills mushrooms with gillette sports:
With these tips, you will hopefully learn how to kill fungus in shoes effectively and without fail. These are cost-effective and easy-to-do methods on how to kill fungus in shoes. They aren’t only a time-saver, but you get to save money and effort having to get them replaced or professionally cleaned! You won’t need to worry anymore about your shoes or feet attracting fungus to your shoes.
So what are you waiting for? Do you own a pair of shoes that have fungus ridden all over it? Instead of having to look for new sneakers or throw them away, try these tips and see the changes in your shoes, allowing you to wear them everyday! Your shoes and wallet will thank you in the long run. Enjoy your shoes in style, clean and free of fungus.
- How to disinfect shoes from fungus
- How to get rid of fungus in shoes
- What kills fungus in shoes
Mark M. Roberts
The Shoes Guide