When it comes to shoes, you’ll want to take care of them as well as you can in order for it to retain its shine and luster. After all, you wouldn’t want to be walking around with dirty shoes and looking as if you don’t take care of your stuff! Your shoes are what complete any outfit, so you must be able to know how to care for it well. This calls for washing it properly and making sure they are squeaky clean. But how do you wash it? You can opt to hand wash it, or if your shoe manufacturer gives the go signal, you can actually use a washing machine. But how? In this article, we show you how to wash shoes in washing machine.
Why Learn How to Wash Shoes in Washing Machine?
Whether you’re trekking or walking in the city, your shoes are susceptible to dirt and damage. This means you will need to care for them properly to avoid that from happening. When your shoes are muddy or dirty, they will also hold bacteria and germs. These will go straight to your feet and cause infections or sicknesses, and that’s something you don’t want to have just because you don’t take care of your shoes or wash it properly. That’s why it’s very important to learn how to wash your shoes.
Some people opt to wash their shoes using the washing machine in order to save up on time and water, and it also makes less effort on your side. It’s a practical way to keep both your shoes and feet clean. But before all that, you will need to check the fine print and see if your shoes are compatible with the washing machine, as there will be times you can only hand wash it. But not to worry, as most shoes are now able to be washed in the washing machine, it just takes a few simple steps and the ability to follow instructions. Once you’ve mastered it, you’ll be able to wash your shoes anytime after a hike or a long day of walking.
So how to wash shoes in washing machine? Here are some of the things you will need before doing so:
– Your shoes
– Washing machine
– Good detergent or soap (Make sure that it is safe for shoes, but usually any detergent is fine!)
– Newspaper and a good room for drying your shoes
How to Wash Shoes in Washing Machine?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wash shoes in washing machine:
- Read the label of your shoes before you do anything else. Some may not allow you to wash it using a machine or use a dryer, while some have special instructions before doing so. It’s best to read the fine print to avoid damaging your shoes.
- Prepare your shoes by removing all the laces and loosening it up for the washing machine to reach all the nooks and crannies. Make sure you remove the excess dirt with a cloth or brush to make it cleaner and easier to wash.
- It’s recommended to put your shoes inside a good laundry bag to avoid it from damage and to lessen the noise coming from the washing machine (Since it will be tumbling and making noise!).
- Prepare your washing machine to wash your shoes. It’s best to keep the water at a temperature of 30 degrees rather than a warmer wash as that may make the colors or material of your shoes fade or discolor. Use half the recommended amount of detergent in order to not waste your soap and for your shoes to wash properly.
- Once you are done, check if you are able to use a dryer to wash it. But it’s recommended to air dry it either way, as using a dryer would most likely make the glue of your shoes melt, thus ruining the material and quality of your shoe. This makes it less durable and more susceptible to damage. When air drying it, keep your shoes in a warm area and put newspaper inside to make sure that the shape stays and that the newspaper will get the extra moisture found inside of your shoes, or the places where the sun can’t reach it.
And that’s how you are able to wash your shoes in the washing machine! It’s very easy and simple to do, not taking over an hour of your time. It’s just like washing your clothes normally! As long as you follow instructions and do this every now and then (Usually once a week or after an intense walking session in muddy terrain), your shoes will be clean and well-maintained, built to last no matter how long you use it for and where you use it in!
Tip: While some companies discourage washing their shoes in the machine, you may actually be able to do so! Check the material and make of the shoe to see if it is fine enough to be washed. As long as it doesn’t have fur or any special build, then it’s fine.
Your shoes are one of the most important things you must take care of, as these help protect your feet from the germs and bacteria found on the found! With a trusty washing machine, you will be able to wash your shoes with ease and efficiency. Hopefully, these tips on how to was shoes in washing machine will help you be able to wash your shoes and keep them clean. Not only will you look clean, nit our feet will properly be protected and you can walk around with safety knowing you are free from the germs you see (or can’t see) from the ground.
So what are you waiting for? Start learning how to wash your shoes in a washing machine today!
Did you enjoy the article or have any other comments? Then leave your thoughts and suggestions on how to wash shoes in washing machine below! We’d love to hear what you have to think.